Keeping your home comfortable is one of your top priorities. A high-quality heating and cooling system that can handle the demanding temperatures of the Mid-Atlantic region is absolutely essential to overall home comfort. At Carrier, we offer a wide variety of heating and cooling products designed to meet the needs of residential consumers. We are proud to offer energy-efficient, cost-effective solutions to your heating and cooling needs.
Carrier Heat Pumps
Heat pumps are an innovative solution to the heating and cooling needs of many consumers. These devices attract warm air into a central unit and then either expel that air to provide for cooling or draw that air indoors to provide for heating. Because they can handle both heating and cooling tasks, these pumps are a cost-effective solution for many consumers. We offer all of the following types of heat pumps:
- Split-System Heat Pumps:These pumps heat, cool and dehumidify air inside a home. They provide an excellent means of overall climate and air quality control by using your home's existing heating and cooling ducts.
- Ductless Systems: These pumps are designed for use in homes that do not have heating ducts. They provide reliable heat at a fraction of the cost of stand-alone heaters.
- Packaged Products: These complete systems are the solution to all your home heating and cooling needs. Everything you need for your new, heat pump-based system is included in one convenient package.
Choosing A Heat Pump
Before you choose a Carrier heat pump, it's important that you carefully evaluate your own heating and cooling needs. You should consider whether or not a heat pump will provide adequate cooling given the climate where you live. You should also be aware that heat pumps are generally not an adequate stand-alone heating solution in climates that regularly experience below-freezing temperatures. A professional Carrier dealer will be able to explain the climate specifications of each heat pump unit to you in detail.
Carrier Air Conditioners
Many consumers prefer air conditioners because they provide reliable home cooling around the clock. If you are currently using an older air conditioning unit, you may be pleasantly surprised by the energy and cost savings offered by newer air conditioning units. You may also be surprised by how quiet modern units are, even when they are used around the clock. We offer all of the following air conditioning options:
- Split-System Air Conditioners:These air conditioner are designed to work seamlessly with your home's current central heating and air conditioning duct system. They will pump cool, dehumidified air throughout your home.
- Ductless Air Conditioners: Ductless systems are designed to meet the needs of individuals who do not have cooling ducts in their homes. These systems can be used to cool a small room or a whole house.
- Packaged Products: These systems include everything that you need for your home cooling needs. They are a smart, cost-effective option for consumers who want to update their current cooling systems or start fresh with a new cooling system.
Choosing An Air Conditioner
When you choose a Carrier air conditioner, it's important to have a load calculation performed in order to match the HVAC unit to the building envelope. While square footage of your house is important in determining the size of any heating and cooling system, many other factors come into play as well. A professional technician can provide you with detailed information about how much cooling power you need based building size, energy efficiency of windows and doors, number of occupants, and many other variables that impact a unit’s ability to adequately cool a given space.
Carrier Heating Systems
Of course, Carrier offers a wide variety of furnaces suited to residential use. These furnaces are an integral part of your home's heating system and are used to create warm air that can be carried through your home's heating ducts. We offer oil, gas and electric furnaces to meet the needs of all homeowners.
Carrier heating and cooling products are designed to meet your needs. These energy-efficient appliances can be used to create comfort in any home. Remember that installing a state-of-the-art heating or cooling system can also raise your home's overall value.